The seminars present a standardization effort or an interesting application area related to XML. A seminar presentation gives an overview of the standard, its main features, and uses. It contains a description of the language, and some practical examples. Prepare also a small coding assignment for other students. Submit a report on you findings.
Seminars can be prepared in a team or individually. Choose one of the topics below. Before deciding, check that the effort is still current.
- Silverlight, Microsoft's development platform for Web, desktop, and mobile applications.
- XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0
- XMPP Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
- RosettaNet: electronic B-to-B commerce and standard vocabularies in electronics
- RFID and its markup language Physical markup language PML home page.
- XML based standards for mobile applications http://www.w3.org/.
- W3C Internationalization Activity .
- Webservices, SOAP, Biztalk
- RSS feeds(Really Simple Syndication), different standards and current uses. See also a historical description.
- XUL, Extensible User Interface Language
- Documentation standard for computer hardware and software DocBook
- XBRL eXtensible Business Reporting Language.
- SDMX standards for the exchange of statistical information.
- Some other standard listed on the standards listing by PML.
Created by: Jaana Holvikivi Updated: 18.3.2013